The South Fork American River is the most popular rafting river in the western U.S., so take this tour to find out why! Coursing through historic California Gold Country, a professional and entertaining guide will introduce you to the many fascinating and thrilling features this river has to offer. This is an ideal half-day excursion for adventurers of all ages and skill levels.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: American River, California
Your half-day trip will meet at River Park Resort in Lotus at 9:00AM. Please arrive dressed in your river attire (shorts, swimsuit, t-shirt and sandals). It's recommended that you eat prior to checking in. Your guide will inform you of what to bring on the trip and will fit you in your life jacket and other river gear. Then a safety talk is given and paddle instruction will be demonstrated so first-timers will feel comfortable prior to launch.
This trip starts with a nice warm-up section so your guide can rehearse the simple paddle commands that will be given throughout the day. Then you will run through the famous upper "Chili Bar" whitewater section of the South Fork American River, regarded by many as the best rafting in the west. Big waves and long continuous rapids will surely get you soaking wet for the time of your life! The 6-mile section of rapids ends at Marshall Gold State Park where gold was discovered by James Marshall in 1848 The trip ends back at River Park Resort.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Beyond Limits Adventures, 7321 River Park Dr, Lotus, CA 95651
Your half-day trip will meet at River Park Resort in Lotus at 10:00AM. Please arrive dressed in your river attire (shorts, swimsuit, t-shirt and sandals). It's recommended that you eat prior to checking in. Your guide will inform you of what to bring on the trip and will fit you in your life jacket and other river gear. Then a safety talk is given and paddle instruction will be demonstrated so first-timers will feel comfortable prior to launch.
Duration: 3 hours
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
7321 River Park Dr, Lotus, CA 95651, USA
Returns to original departure point
Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest
- Professional guide
- River equipment
- Transport at river
- Entry/Admission - Beyond Limits Adventures
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Availability for trips cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of availability
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- All travelers and guides are required to wear face masks in our shuttle vehicles. We do not require face masks on our rafts for families traveling together. Hand sanitizer is given to travelers before boarding the shuttle vehicle and after. If you feel sick on the day of your trip please stay home.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.