Fountain Square served as the southside's primary commercial corridor since the 1860's. Its laid back atmosphere, beautifully designed buildings and accessibility made it a popular neighborhood for decades. In the early 20th century, the neighborhood had more theaters than any part of Indianapolis, and became an important cultural destination.
Fountain Square has recently seen a rapid transformation to a neighborhood with unique restaurants, and trendy art galleries located in renovated buildings. The Fountain Square Food Tour will give you an in-depth look at the area and its surroundings; from humble beginnings to grandeur, rapid decline to resurgence. We will enjoy food from long standing institutions, and hip new destinations.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Fountain Square Theatre Building, 1105 Prospect St, Indianapolis, IN 46203-1955
We will pass by and learn about the historic Fountain Square Theater Building.
Pass By: Hotel Tango Artisan Distillery, 702 Virginia Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46203-0017
We will learn about Fletcher Place and walk by the amazing distillery.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Indianapolis, Indianapolis, Indiana
3 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Food tasting
- Local guide
- Guide Gratuities
- Drinks unless specified
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Please list any food allergies/restrictions.**Accommodations can only be made if allergies or restrictions are noted at the time of booking.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.