Track the fascinating life of Martin Luther King Jr. in a fast-paced, unforgettable 1.5 hours, that reveals how Atlanta and the Old Fourth Ward neighborhood changed the world. This must-experience Atlanta History Tour includes inspiring visits outside Ebenezer Baptist Church, the King Center, and unexpected locations even locals don’t know. We will make the most of your visit to the King Historic District and make every minute you spend in this neighborhood count, and we make sure you know about all the important locations.
You will get a deep understanding of the people and places that inspired the Civil Rights Movement on this tour. As the only tour in the city authorized by the King Center, we'll give you the inside scoop into this incredible neighborhood.
[Note: This tour currently does NOT include going inside the King Birth Home nor any buildings. This is a 1.7 mile walk with lots of standing, so please contact us if you have any physical limitations or difficulty walking.]
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Ebenezer Baptist Church of Atlanta, 407 Auburn Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30312-1503
Exterior only of Historic Ebenezer Baptist Church. Currently closed due to COVID-19
Stop At: Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site, 450 Auburn Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30312-1504
The tour meets and ends at the National Historic Site, and includes an overview of the site, as well as detailed walk through various areas on the site.
Duration: 25 minutes
Pass By: Prince Hall Grand Lodge, 330 Auburn Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Exterior only of the historic Prince Hall Grand Lodge, location of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s and Congressman John Lewis's offices, as well as a historic Madam CJ Walker Beauty Salon
Stop At: Jackson Street Bridge, Atlanta, GA
Take in the city's most famous views at the iconic Jackson Street Bridge.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Sweet Auburn Ave, Atlanta, GA
The tour takes place entirely in the Sweet Auburn neighborhood and includes numerous visits to points of interests
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: The King Center, 449 Auburn Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30312-1503
Currently exterior only. Location is closed due to COVID-19.
Stop At: International Civil Rights Walk of Fame, 14 -0046-0011-082, 2, Atlanta, GA 30312, USA
Guests will make connections from prominent Civil Rights leaders that they learned about on the tour as they see their shoe prints along the Walk of Fame
Duration: 10 minutes
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historical Park, 450 Auburn Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30312, USA
Returns to original departure point
Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest
- Exterior of Historic Ebenezer Baptist Church and the King Center (currently both closed due to COVID
- • Seeing Prince Hall Grand Lodge, a hidden treasure in the Civil Rights Movement
- • Entertaining and immersive stories of Dr. King and the many Civil Rights leaders in Atlanta
- • Taking in the phenomenal views at the Jackson Street Bridge
- • Understanding the impact of the Old Fourth Ward neighborhood and the Civil Rights Movement
- Entry/Admission - Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site
- Entry/Admission - Jackson Street Bridge
- Entry/Admission - Sweet Auburn
- Entry/Admission - International Civil Rights Walk of Fame
- We do not provide transportation to or from the tour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with inability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Unexpected Atlanta Tours are all outdoor-experiences with social distancing between groups, all-digital brochures, and group size at a maximum of 8 people.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.