This tour explores the very beginnings of Sacramento, from Sutter’s colony Nueva Helvecia to food tastings in current at hidden gems locals! You’ll learn about how the many diverse immigrant groups forged our great city and created its agricultural dominance as you eat, drink and stroll.
Local Roots Food Tours limits the group size of each tour to no more than 14 individuals. Special dietary needs can be met with prior notice. This 3 hour tour takes place Monday through Friday.
Though subject to change, typical tastings on this tour include:
Croque Monsieur Sandwich, baked ham and gruyere cheese
Chef selected artisan cured meats and cheeses
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Grilled Pork Spring Rolls
Bahn mi chicken sandwich w/fresh veggie toppings
Fresh roasted organic coffee w/unique blends
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Local Roots Food Tours, 1209 L St, Sacramento, CA 95814-3936
Sacramento’s most popular neighborhoods, Midtown’s Sutter District
The Sutter District is named for Sutter’s Fort, that starting point for just about all of Sacramento! Fascinating history, notable landmarks and global food await as you stroll the tree-lined streets and explore off-the-beaten-path eateries.
Duration: 3 hours
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Sacramento, Sacramento, California
Returns to original departure point
Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest
- Food tasting
- Local guide
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Local Roots Food Tours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.